What's On In And Around Maldon
Wednesday 8th September 2021 to Tuesday 28th September 2021 11:00 - 16:00 Tuesday to Saturday
Saturday 18th September 2021 to Sunday 19th September 2021 10am to 4pm
The massive foundations indicate a high status building, almost a palace, at a time when Southminster was the largest manor in the Dengie Hundred. Our excavation is so important we were able to receive grants of over £11,000 from the Essex Community Foundation to enable us to receive professional help and training. At the completion of the project the site will be backfilled so this is the only opportunity for the public to see it.
All our finds, including prehistoric, Roman, Saxon and medieval will be on display and our 'diggers' and recorders will be at work. There's ample car parking in the field close to Wibblers.
Friday 3rd December 2021 8:00pm
* The venue is a lovely little 200 seater theatre hidden away right in the centre of Maldon, Essex.
* The concert is being held in support of The Brain Tumour Charity. www.thebraintumourcharity.org
* The band is Shades of Simon - a band of musicians with a lifetime of experience who love the music of Paul Simon and who were brought together to specifically create a theatre show to celebrate the story of his life.
* The music will be the band's full 2 hour show covering Simon & Garfunkel’s iconic hits of the 60’s like The Sound of Silence, Mrs Robinson, The Boxer and Bridge Over Troubled Water, through to the South African rhythms of Paul Simon’s Graceland tour in the 80’s and his biggest solo success, You Can Call Me Al.
* And it's all in aid of such a worthy cause - read more about the charity's work here - https://www.thebraintumourcharity.org
*TICKETS £12.50 available NOW! - from www.shadesofsimon.com
Topsail Charters organise regular and varied trips on of their fleet of historic Thames Sailing Barges all through the year. Click here for details of their trips
Viking Saga operates 40 minute cruises from The Hythe out past Heybridge Basin towards Osea Island and back again during the season. Details here